Friday, June 17, 2005

G4, G4, I must complain.


g4_logo
Originally uploaded by samureye.
Yeah, I’m a radical, I suppose. I loved me some TechTV, but I’m over that now, I really am. I do, however, have some gripes with G4. First off, the anatomy of the name is G4, meaning TV 4 Gamers. So one is left to assume that the “G” from gamers is put together with the “4” to give you the oh so memorable G4 brand. Yes, it is a brand, and no, not in the cereal sense, so don’t get any ideas that consumption or viewer ship of G4 will keep you regular, trust me, I’ve tried. Back to the task at hand, I must say that I am a bit confused. What does a show like Formula D or even Street Fury for that matter have to do with Gaming? If you were to think about it, I would say nothing. While it is apparent that you can only go so far with a network based solely on games, I think they’re taking us for idiots. At least with the now defunct sport show, Sweat, host Rossi Moreale, now of Formula D fame, would have talked to athletes about games etc. All I can see in Street Fury is this Snoop Dogg wannabe, Carlton, also known as Big C.

If you don’t know Mr. Big C, after watching the show, you inevitably will, considering he repeats his name repeatedly, over and over, time after time, it’s so redundant. I tell you, a conversation with Mr. Big C may yield the intellectual stimulation comparable to talking to a broken tape recorded, eternally looping. It’s crazy, I mean for everything that happens on the show, we hear him proclaim that he’s Big C. I suppose he’s looking some self-confidence considering he named himself Big C and probably wonders how stupid he actually sounds. Let’s outline a scenario for you all, shall we?

Big C: “This is Big C, Street Fury, we doin’ it big. Tell us what ya got her boi!”

Guy With Car: “Well, this is my potato powered Winnebago, and I decided to install Tiger Print material on the driver seat and plaid on the others. We got 6 inch rims and brand new 8-Track player too.”

Big C: “Woooweee, I’m Big C, Street Fury, we doing it big.”

Guy With Car: “…..yeah, well I got Armor All in the car too”

Big C: “We doing it big, f*** sh** f***.”

Guy with car: “..huh?”

Big C: “This is how we do!”

Guy With Car: “Are you copying that Game/50 Cent song?”

Big C: “Where the bitches at, I need to rub oil on somebody, I’m Big C!”

The hilarity undoubtedly ensues. I also didn’t mention the whole, “We doing it big” thing. Is he from Texas? Everything’s big in Texas? Everything, except maybe for his I.Q. I just can’t quite grasp where the TV 4 Gamers fits in. Also, tell me, what’s up with the “4”. Are you afraid of words, Comcast? Leet speak is out, yes, I’m sorry to disappoint all 3 of you reading the blog, but it is true. Maybe they’ll simulcast in “1337”? I must say though, Street Fury is sort of entertaining and Big C actually seems like a cool guy.

Alright, I’ve potentially overstayed my welcome at my own blog here, so I’ll just quickly mention that I am sick of these things coming in the bottom left and right hand corner of the screen, you know the whole thing with the new G4 logo “unraveling” almost and then going to the other side of the screen telling you what’s coming up next? That and the Videogame Vixens graphics are just so utterly annoying, they always block something on screen, and they come out so frequently. The last thing is that G4, you killed TechTV and I guess I’m not over it even if it wasn’t totally intentional…

2 Comments:

Blogger Vash said...

Thats what I was wondering as well. What is Formula D doing there? But that brings another question. Why the hell would you put on a show thats about the same thing over and over again? Drift racing. You get in your little freaking car and drift around some bends. Big deal. Hope they get in a car crash.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed!

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home