Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Sometimes I wonder...

Many times I’ve thought to myself, “Why don’t I get rid of this blog?” I mean, does anyone actually read this blog? What is this blog about? Is it a tech blog? Is it a blog about life? Is it a comedy blog? Well, to give you a specific answer, I have no frickin’ clue. Okay, I lie, I think it’s a bit of everything. While I’m not as professional as the guys over at engadget or boingboing, I’d like to think I have a half decent blog at least. To tell you the truth, I’m for the underdog most of the time, I despise sites such as engadget, boingboing and slashdot. Okay, maybe despise isn’t the best word, I mean, none of those people have done me anything to me, it’s just that I can’t really relate to them. I want to keep it real. Doing news is fine, but I want to tell you what I think, not just give the facts. I’ve applied to other sites to contribute my talents, of course, I use the word talents very loosely, but I know that I want to write and so I’ve contacted some sites about doing articles for them. (now, to tell you the truth, I haven’t given them a fair chance, but I’m content with the “indie” blogs so to speak, but hey, if I was given the opportunity to contribute to one of these blogs, then I’d do so in a heartbeat, they’re popular for a reason ya know…)

The only acceptance I’ve gained is from thenakedgeek, and I haven’t even contacted them in a while. Guys, if you’re reading this, please know that I will contact you and I’m not the kind of person who just disappears, you know what I mean, like at the TechTV, now G4 Forums, where there were a ton of great posters, but then they just vanished. Again, I’m not like that, I’m just busy and I will be hard at work on some content for them sometime in the future, maybe at the end of June. “Why?” you ask? Oh, you didn’t ask, but I’ll tell you anyways, I’ve got exams and I kinda have to, um, what do they call that, oh yeah, study.

Back to the main point of this post. (Boy do I get distracted easily or what? I mean one minute I’m talking about- Oooh…shiny….me like shiny….*ahem*) So does anyone read this blog? I know I must have asked this a million times, it’s just that I enjoy blogging but I know I’m not perfect. I mean, these inane ramblings that I do, they can’t possibly be entertaining now, can they? The last thing I want to do is rant on this blog. I hate ranting, I’d prefer to compare and contrast something. Focusing on one thing irrationally can’t really get you anywhere, though it isn’t totally written off in my book.

Sometimes I feel as if I’m wasting my time, but more importantly, wasting other people’s time, not that that is much of a problem, I mean, if you find a site that you don’t like, then you just move on, but again I’d like to mention that I’m a human being and my blog is a (distorted?) reflection of myself. Needless to say, I’m not a very confident person, even if the odds are in my favor, I always need a nudge from someone, you know, that support you get saying that you’ve done a good job. I do plan to have a much better blog out soon, scratch that, sometime. It will be tech oriented, but it’s not just crunching numbers so to speak, it’ll be real and I won’t “sell out” or commercialize if you know what I mean. I like the tech and I like making people laugh and I have an opinion, what more do you want?

I’m confused, but I’ll continue, I haven’t hurt anyone thus far, so I can only aspire to make my blog like the guys who know what good blogging is.
Still contemplating,
-Evan

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nudge, nudge...

Hey Samureye I enjoy your blog quite a bit. I even refer back to it now and then on my own blog. So, wonder know more...
at least one whole person doesn't think your wasting your time.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Mitchell said...

I read your blog :)

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read it Samureye.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Bastich said...

I read it too.

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would not consider this blog, I actually enjoy popping in every now and then to see what is new in Evan's world.

So you are not a bloody "top dog" like boingboing, so... you are still very popular in your own right.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what can i say...u didnt waste my time. It's really cool that u like all these stuff...it creative and kinda fluffy (i know u dont know what that means. Like u can get caught up in it and jus read so it show that ur a really good writer so keep it up...***

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home