Thursday, April 21, 2005

Google Whacking.

Hey hey hey, I don’t know why it is that I love Google so much, but I do. They do the little search engine thing we know as google.com Also, they run this little thing known as blogger, which as of now is my blog hosting thingy of choice. So have you ever heard of Google Whacking? I was watching The Tonight Show with Jay Leno some time ago and saw that there was a guy who google whacks. What is google whacking exactly?

It’s when you put in some arbitrary term into google and end up with one result, one, single result and then you contact the owner of the given website and go visit them, in other words you google whack them. Now I know that this blog is immensely popular and any search for samureye will give you pages upon pages of results (stop laughing) so I cannot be google whacked. So to you I propose a challenge. I propose to anyone out there to google whack, go onto google and type in anything, anything at all and try getting a single result. Obviously, having an expanded vocabulary can be beneficial to you, so putting in something like “duh dude” may not bring the same results as “antidisestablishmentarianism”.

Of course, I don’t know if that’s an actual word or anything, but that’s still good nonetheless. So go forth and google whack, let’s see who can do it first. You think this is just stupid? Then don’t blame me, I mean, something stupid that I didn’t think about? That’s rich. The first one to find a google whack and prove it, well, you get a cookie or maybe I’ll mention you on the blog or I’ll give you 250+ Gmail invites (and I can quite literally do that mind you). Or even maybe an invite to the new Yahoo!360 service? Huh, has your interest been peaked? I thought so. You may now resume with your “life thing”

Ciao.

7 Comments:

Blogger Hacked.Alias said...

Hey Samureye this is cybergod from scopetech forums. samureye i was wonderin if u could help and fix up my blog. it would be greatly appreiciated.the site is Thebrokenfan.blogspot.com

6:56 PM  
Blogger samureye said...

Sure, what do you need?

7:08 PM  
Blogger Hacked.Alias said...

could i give u my password and could u spruse it up a bit.

7:56 PM  
Blogger samureye said...

here's a rule of thumb, NEVER give out your password!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Danieru said...

yeah, google has its benifits, but its just another huge entity trying to take over the smaller ones. what is it with leaching every bit of custom from everyone else? monopoly sucks

8:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heya Sammy!!!
I'll meet your challenge. Try typing in justolm in your search bar.

Congratulations - ONE SINGLE ENTRY!

Pretty cool huh?

Spider-Man
http://spiderman2004.blogspot.com

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google Whacking-sounds kinda dirty.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home