Friday, April 08, 2005

yahoo 360

Yahoo! Is finally getting into the blogging scene with their new “experience” as I like to call Yahoo! 360 degrees. What exactly is it? Well, I’m not entirely sure. It’s like having a blog, but only on ‘roids. Think about it like this. Imagine you have a blog, a normal blog, where you post your daily thoughts and comment on whatever happens to interest you. What more is there to it? A single webpage with a template for you to edit, that’s about it? Well what if you could get a blog that was more social than anything else? Of course, Yahoo! 360 is not a just a blogging service, in fact, it doesn’t even mean you need to have a blog, again, it’s like an “experience”. Currently in Beta, Yahoo! 360 is aiming to give bloggers a more social feel. Being the celebrity I am…yeah…being the blogger that I am, I was invited to try out the invite only service, and it seems mildly impressive. Other than the blog, you can store photos, and have favorite lists as well as have a friends list and all other kinds of good stuff. With Yahoo!’s recent acquisition of Flickr, it’s yet to be seen if any sort of interaction will take place. Really and truly, I don’t know what to say about it. It doesn’t tickle my fancy that much, though I will say that I have been interested just enough to give it a whirl. Knowing it is in Beta and that many people must be curious about it, I can’t help but think how cool this thing may actually end up being. I’m the kind of person who won’t get into something unless I get a nudge, so nudge me, you let me know if you think it’s worth it or not. As I said before, it’s invite only and I have some invites of my own to give away, I received 100 invites and will give them away to anyone who wants one, just leave me a comment with your email address included. I will check the comments for sure but if you want some extra degree of security, you can send me an email to either Yahoo! Or Gmail.

Yahoo! 360 page
My Yahoo! 360 page
Big thanks to sandman for the invite.

4 Comments:

Blogger sanman294 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:35 PM  
Blogger sanman294 said...

Your Welcome! Enjoy your new Yahoo! 360 account! It is in beta and there is plenty of bugs. But this is why Yahoo has not released this to the public. Once we as beta testers find all the bugs it is going public. So tell Yahoo Support about any problems or suggestions you might have to make this service better.

Later,

Sanman294
http://sanman294.blogspot.com/
http://360.yahoo.com/sanman294

6:38 PM  
Blogger rg said...

great stuff, nice writeup and thanks for the invite!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

yea samureye i'd like to give it a shot. I probably will just test it and never do anything important since I have spent a lot of time getting my blogger account nice. If you have any invites left let me know.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home