Saturday, February 25, 2006

What Do You Look For In a Blog?

What do you look for in a blog? I'm in the process of tweaking and disigning mine and I must say that wordpress is the firefox of conten management systems. I'm looking for interesting plugins I can put in the blog. So far the only thing I've got workin is gravatar, and even though it's aesthetic, it's important to me since i'm m meticulous, which is funny considering I don't know how to code.

I know what I like, but I want to know what you like. Things are coming along nicely if I do say so myself. The money has been paid to get my domain, but I'm having second thoughts, I'm not sure if to go with my name or with another tech name that I have in mind. I'm also not sure it makes sense to run 2 blogs. As it is I'm involved in 3, but keeping my personall and tech stuff in one would bring it to a manageable 2 blogs. Oh, the decisions.

If you know of any interesting or useful Wordpress hacks or plugins you use or know of, and find useful let me know. Off the top of my head, I know of:

Flickrss (want to implement my flickr profile)
Askimet Comment Spam plugin (a must)
Feedburner replacer plugin

I'm sorry to say that I made this post in Opera which apparently isn't playing nice with blogger, among every other site on ther interweb, so no fancy hyperlinks to just make things random as I like to do, no bolding or italicizing to emphasize anything, just plain old text, so sorry for anything grammatically or morally incorrect that you may have encountered in this post.

Oh, by the way, stop! Hammer Time! http://www.mchammer.blogspot.com

Couldn't resist :P

EDIT: Stupid me forgot to put a title, and I also forgot, I'm thiking about putting in a forum as well, we'll see how it goes

http://www.almosteffortless.com/2005/09/25/integrating-wordpress-and-punbb/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A layout that is easy on the eyes and content.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home