Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Yuck!

Okay, I’m back in action. I’ve been sick but I’m somewhat better now, not that you care, but I am nonetheless. I’ve suffered with flu like symptoms for the past week or so. Want to know why? No? I’ll tell you anyway. The reason is because there was major flood again, in the mall. Now we have business in the mall, so I had to end up leaving the comfort of my home to go to the mall during all the flooding with video camera in hand.

DSC01425


Sadly, I don’t have any way of getting the video off the camera to share with you. I have the USB connector but as I’ve stated before, I don’t have any software to remove it, so all I have to give is still pictures.

DSC01426

My father first went to the mall when he got wind of what was happening; the mall was under major water. I was not feeling that well to begin with, but I got a call from him saying to come to the mall with the video camera.

DSC01428

We live a stone’s throw away from the mall, almost literally, it depends on who is throwing the stone. If it’s me, then we live a few stone throws away. Anyhow, I end up in the mall and run to the car park, where I see even there is under a ton of water. I kept my distance, but as my father saw me, he told me to come, so I did.

DSC01429

I proceeded to wade through the water, with a still and video camera in each hand. We went to get a look at one store we have in the mall, and proceeded to another. I decided to run up some stairs and get a look at how far water went. It went far. I ran down and proceeded to the other end of the store, continually snapping pictures, when I was accosted by a guard who was walking from the second level. “Excuse me!” He shouted.

DSC01430

Now, I’m not psychic, but sometimes you just know what is going to happen, or at least you might have an idea of it. I was reluctant to acknowledge him, and if I didn’t my cover could have been that the mall was too noisy, not because of people, there were hardly any in the mall, but because of the gushing water.

DSC01432

It was NOISY. I went against my innermost desire and looked up. “Yeah?!” I yelled. In a rude, angry voice, shaking his hand at me, he said, “Don’t take any pictures.”
“Yeah, okay.” I said, then he walked off and I continued snapping. I must have spent an hour in that brown water, and I was so glad when I finally was able to go.

DSC01433

On leaving the mall, I could see a newspaper photographer snapping pictures. We came out, and met my uncle who was just out of the way of the gushing water in the car park. We were about to walk home, again, because we live close by and because of all the traffic congestion nearby.

DSC01436

On leaving, a man said to us “Gentlemen, please know that water has raw sewage in it.” My heart stopped. I was so pissed, rightly so since I was walking in piss. I went home and showered a few times. Then I showered in a bucket of water and bleach. The shoes I had on, I’ll never wear again, they’re still outside. I quite literally had a shitty day. I’m better now, hence the reason I’m blogging. I suppose this post was so erratic, but so is the blogging style. Enjoy the pics.

DSC01434

2 Comments:

Blogger Hacked.Alias said...

HA HA You walked in Pissed...jk

12:26 PM  
Blogger Hacked.Alias said...

^that was a joke^

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home