Thursday, May 12, 2005

What, am I not good enough?


crunch
Originally uploaded by samureye.
I woke up yesterday, groggy, I hadn't slept until about 3 the same morning. I was listening to Kanye West's, "The College Dropout." I love that CD. Anyway, I woke up and went to the kitchen and noticed a box of Cap'N Crunch cereal. This was new to me considering i KNEW that all we had was Trix, Total, Rasin Bran, Corn Flakes and....something else, it slipped my mind. Apparently my mom bought it the day before, at the grocery.

All of this really irrelevant. As i walked into the kitchen and saw the box of serial, the big, bright blue seal caught my eye. "Made in U.S.A for international sales only" was the text branded into the cardboard in that particular area. Now I think to myself that, maybe someone in the U.S. is under the impression that I can't handle "ordinary" cereal. Apparently, because I live in the Caribbean, I have to get a box of factory rejected cereal or something? I mean, why is it that this particular box is ONLY for international sale? So that's why i wonder if i'm not good enough or something.

On the upswing, i'm specialer than all of you because i don't live in the U.S and i get cereal with special tags JUST for people NOT in the U.S. :)
It's all in the P.O.V people.

-evan

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You aren't good enough for our colorful breakfast cereal!!!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet it has something to do with either:
a) more preservatives/less storage time, for freshness after longer shipping times
b) advertising/etc.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evan,

Of course you are good enough. The Cap'n loves everybody. That cereal is produced in the same plant in Cedar Rapids, IA as all of the other Cap'n Crunch cereal. There is no difference between the international cereal and the U.S., product-wise. The reason that label is on there is to prevent diverting, which is where a company such as Wal-Mart, buys the international cereal at a lower price due to exchange rates and re-sells it in the U.S., rather than buying the cereal properly from it's U.S. supplier.

I'm on the inside, so I know. Sorry for such a long post, but I wanted you to know that you can get Crunchatized just like everyone else.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home