Sunday, May 15, 2005

I'm Rich!


I'm Rich!
Originally uploaded by samureye.
Okay, my initial post via e-mail hit a minor hitch, i had to do some editing, but this post and picture is being sent to my blog entirely via email, this is too cool for school. [edit: I am still getting some problems, i have to post via flickr.com but the pictures are still uploaded, so it's only 50% cool, meh] I just attach the picture and it shows up on the blog, re sized and everything! Now, on with the post.

Yesterday i was left with the duty of clearing out the dryer. I realised that i have been left with this task quite a bit recently- how fun. Now, i don't know why, but it seems every time i clear out the dryer, i always seem to find cash, and it's so strange, i never have to look for it, the money seems to just leap out at you. Usually, if I'm looking for something to wear, and the clothes haven't left the dryer yet, and i go looking for something in the dryer to wear, i usually come out with a shirt and a fat pocket. I might find a dollar or two in there, and coins galore! Of course, most of the time, the money is mine, i just forget to take ANYTHING out of my pocket when i get home.

Yesterday, however, i hit the mother load, i opened the dryer, and took out all the clothes in a great big hug. On doing this, i heard the faintest sound of paper hitting the ground. Now is it just me, or does the sound of money, be it paper or metal, affect people the same way those dog whistles do? So yeah, i look down and see purple. "Wait, did he say purple?" Well yeah, i did, you see, i live in the Caribbean and the cash is different. The denominations are 1, 5, 10, and 15 cent pieces. There is also a 50 cent coin, but it isn't that common, and the dollar coin is pretty rare, but i have all of 'em. In terms of paper, we have a single dollar, which is red, 5 dollar bills, which are green, ten dollar bills, which are darker green, twenty dollars, purple and hundred dollar bills, which are blue. I have all. In case you were wondering, the conversion rate is $6.3 to $1 U.S.

So yeah, i found $40. I could do all kinds of things with that, go see 2 movies and have money left over to go to the Internet cafe (Yeah, i leave home to go to the mall's Internet cafe) or save it. I didn't keep it though, i gave my mom, i can't keep money that isn't mine, especially when it must belong to someone in the house. Okay, so I've found money in public and kept it, big whoop. Now, i have a theory. Going back to the whole money jumping out at you when it's in the dryer, i think it's the dryer sheet. Something happens that makes the money just jump out at people and it is all thanks to dryer sheets. The brand we use is bounce, i believe, maybe you might have more luck with downy, let me know. My advice to all mankind is to walk around with dryer sheets at all times, especially when going to the bank, use the dryer sheets instead of cologne and generally have a few on your person at all times, you'll be richer and you can thank me for it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, i noticed a huge jump, now i have 8 people subscribing to the blog, how nice, i hope you take the time to comment! i don't want to feel like I'm talking to myself, now would i? I do that enough off the Internet already. But thanks to those of you subscribing.

-Evan

1 Comments:

Blogger Caleb said...

I could use some money.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home