Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Salami....

That’s salami. It is hard, at least, that’s what it says on the package. Why would you call something hard salami? What are the benefits of having salami that is hard? How hard is hard? Is it Jaw Breaker hard, or just hard enough to not be considered liquid? This I wonder as I look at the picture I took in Price Smart, or as people confuse it and say, “Pricemart”. Why did they make the name like that? Maybe it is a defense mechanism for anyone that may want to return something.

Man: “I bought this salami here, it was said to be hard, but I had to eat it with a straw.”

Sales person: “You didn’t buy that here.”

Man: “What? Of course I did, I came here to Pricemart and bought the thing earlier today.

Sales person: “This isn’t Pricemart, this is Price Smart, please vacate the premises. Security!”

Now that’s ingenious. I don’t think it is necessarily very nice for the customers, but from a business standpoint, it’s just peachy. But you know, if you were the one to own the business, wouldn’t you not have a problem with this? I would think so. It’s human nature the way we tend to favour things that are, well, in favour of us.

(I live in the Caribbean, favour is spelt with a U, get over it.)

I lost $100 and don’t know if the cleaner took it. Wish me luck. Argh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very funny article...u had me almost rolling...interesting how u took a pic of the salami..made me wonder if when u saw the little commotion, u acutally thought "hey this would be good for my web blog". Makes me think even more that ud be a great journalist.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home