Sunday, February 27, 2005

I kinda miss 'em. 8-|

I think i am having withdrawals. I miss techtv. I'm sorry, i just haven't really given you my personal feelings on my blog, i've just reported the facts. I was looking around the G4 website and decided to do a search for samureye. Guess what came up? Why, the page with disembodied voive intros that i submitted to X-Play, that's what. I used to submit intros like crazy to X-Play and i had my intros used 6, maybe 7 times. Now, they don't accept user submitted intros. That really bites. X-Play isn't the same, but that's like saying this blog is lame- quite obvious.

My feelings towards the merger and techtv and G4 have been neutral at best. I've held mt tongue for the most part. Change is real, it's a part of life. I know people would think that all this is so trivial, people complaining about changes on T.V. The thing is, this is different. You see, TechTV was real. It wasn't like family guy. Every day i would look at the television, and at TechTV, because TechTV was all i watched. I swear, i felt like i was watching family. I miss Leo Laporte, Meggan Morrone, Yoshi and everyone else from TTV. I've matured from watching these people not to mention learnt a lot from them as well.

I never used to like Call For Help, but it became a favourite of mine over time. The Screen Savers was a regular part of my day. Now, not so much. I feel for Kevin Rose, Sarah Lane and even the somewhat infamous Kevin Perreira. Mr. Rose and Ms. Lane, they're like victims as well as Kevin P.
One thing i hate about people is how they take things for their face value. Just because you see Kevin P on TSS doesn't mean that it was he that ruined the show. And who says the show has been ruined? Well, in a way it has, that's debatable, but i'll get into that another time.

I'll save the three people who read this blog some time and cut this "rant" short. It's been a while since i've posted anything of substance, that's not to say that i can. People can be so critical at times, so for that reason i never promise anything from this blog. I like tech writing and all that jazz, but that's not to say that i can do so with any kind of enthralling quality. I'm done for now, but i will return to this. I used to receive some email from people not satisfied with the G4 merger. Let me know what you think and i'll post 'em here on the blog, as a sort of mailbag if you will.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

strange. I feel similar. With Techtv, there was no need for a remote, now, I have it glued to my hand.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the exact same way! I really miss Leo, Pat, Megan, Jessica, and even at times Martin. They were my mentors and I am who I am because of them. They helped me realize what I wanted to do with my life and helped me develop a passion for technology. They were like family to me...And I will always think of them in that special way...

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home