Sunday, December 26, 2004

Updates.

Interview
Yes, the interview with Joey the intern is here...sort of. He divided the interview into two parts, and I only have the first part, but what I have so far is...interesting to say the least. Look out for part one soon, I just want to edit it a bit (remove the potty language) and I’ll post it.
Also, I’m still working on the interview with Chris Pirillo and it's going along well, but i encourage you to submit any questions you want to ask, ANYTHING! I want to leave no stone unturned, so I’ll take my time with this one. As I’ve said before, I also have a third interview lined up, this one an actual host, and you will know who it is in due course.

What am I really doing?

I initially wanted to do a website like ww.gearlive.com in layout and content. I have always wanted to make a website, but i thought that it would be a daunting task. Thanks to blogging, I was wrong, and i can now go ahead with my dream, using blogger. My plans to get a wordpress blog fell apart. Of course i could use www.blogsome.com and use a free wordpress blog from there. I have even made a couple blogs just to get the feel of wordpress. (www.tekstop.blogsome.com) I won't use blogsme because i don't know how reliable they would be, i'd never know if they decide to charge me or something. I am currently safe with blogger and i guess i will stick with it even though it lacks some features that i wanted, such as built in trackbacks (this problem was easily overcome thanks to the free service from www.haloscan.com) and category posting. Who knows, maybe blogger will impliment those and more features in the future, but for now i don't think any of you will not come to the site because of features that only really affect the webmaster.

Onto the site!

I have given it some thought, and i now know what it is i want to do in terms of content for the site. I can't do news, i just don't have the time or resources to do it. What i want to do is have an off beat site with (not exclusively) user submitted content. My site would be somewhat like an RSS news agregator, where i would post anything interesting that i could find, tech related or not, from websites to games. I would also like to post articles and tutorials of programs. (Basically in depth reviews and of course using free programs) Think of it as a mixture of plasticbugs.com/kevinrose.com/alexalbrecht.com/gearlive.com with the free file of the day features of call for help thrown in for good measure. Some of you may think I’m crazy, some won’t care, others wish they had their 3 minutes back from reading all this stuff. Either way, that’s just an idea of what I want to do. Whether this all actually takes place is yet to be seen ;P

Lastly, in terms of content, I want to encourage you all to submit your reviews of music movies, games, and anything else you can review. If you like writing reviews or maybe articles on tech/programs, feel free to submit your crap er, I mean stuff to get some exposure.
If you just want to submit something interesting, and it can be anything at all, from a deal, to an interesting website, to flash games, anything at all, please submit some stuff as well as your website and name/alias so you can be credited accordingly. As usual, you know the address, samureye@gmail.com

I am trying to buy a domain name, and no I won’t say what it is until it is registered. I need to find a place that will give me a domain name and give me email addresses at that domain as well as allow me to use it over my blogger domain.

[Example, I register pickledbananas.com and I can get mail myname@pickledbanas.com]
I’m not sure if it’s possible, but I can only hope. If anyone wants to help me out with that and maybe give me a typepad account (hey, I see there is a cool promotion going on and it couldn’t hurt to ask right?:p ) then please email me samureye@gmail.com

Lastly(again) you can also expect an interview every month, though I can’t keep any promises, all I can say is that I have the next three months covered, so if you know any old TechTv people that have a website that they personally update or if they at least have contact info, please send me an email as well.

Lastly (Third time, are we sensing a trend here?) I have more Gmail invites. If you want one, please email me, including a message of how much you love the site (not really :P) and I’ll send one your way.

Well, that’s about it for now but before I end this post, I wanted to let you know I also have more stuff planned. At the moment I don’t know how likely they are to take place, but you never know. Some of the things are

-blog of the week (if I can find a suitable one every week, that’s where you people come in)
-a forum( It will be good, I promise)
-monthly interview (been there done that)
-me ending this post
I’ve asked for quite a lot of stuff, and I probably won’t get much of a response, so to the people who liked this site, all none of you, let’s hope I can make this happen.

-samureye@gmail.com




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home